Select to view content in your preferred language

Can RenderNode be used with three.js?

Wednesday
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone!

Can RenderNode be used with three.js? Previously, I combined it with three.js using externalRenderers, but since version 4.29, externalRenderers has been deprecated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kisopsen
New Contributor

the renderer is fine, that's not something you'd want to invest in. what you're looking at is a correct color space (srgb) + tonemapping (filmic) which is half the rent, and then a ton of smoke and mirror dirty tricks and postpro, as well as baking ao/light-maps in blender. making things look good realtime on the web is something that is not trivial. imo it is the hardest of all.

0 Kudos
kisopsen
New Contributor

@kisopsen wrote:

the renderer is fine, that's not something you'd want to invest in. what you're looking at is a correct color space (srgb) + tonemapping (filmic) which is half the rent, and then a ton of smoke and mirror dirty tricks and postpro, as well as baking ao/light-maps in blender. making things look good realtime on the web https://100001.onl/  is something that is not trivial. imo it is the hardest of all.

I got this,..

0 Kudos
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @kisopsen  !

I know this is quite difficult, but sometimes there are no other options. For example, the skeletal animation feature in glTF is not supported by the ArcGIS JS API, so we have to use Three.js to implement it.

0 Kudos