Building mobile web apps with JSAPI Compact Build

10-13-2010 07:43 AM
SteveClarke
New Contributor
I am looking into building a web app targeting mobile devices like iPhone, iPad and Android devices and I want to use the JSAPI Compact Build.  A couple of questions regarding this:

1. Does anyone know the url of some sites that have successfully created web apps for these devices using the JSAPI Compact Build?  I would like to see real world working examples.

2. I've seen the iOS samples for the Compact Build and they are a good place to start, but it seems the Compact Build is targeting iOS devices at the moment.  Has anyone tested their Compact Build web apps on Android devices?  Do the touch events work well on Android?  How is the performance on Android?  Any major issues with using Compact Build web apps on Android devices?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StewartMcCall
New Contributor
We've got some very basic ones on http://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/gis/ that use the compact build.  When I say basic, I do mean basic! 😮 They are essentially just map viewers.

From our testing they work fine on the iPhone etc but like Brian we found panning a bit flaky on Android.  We list them as iPhone etc for that reason.

Cheers
0 Kudos