ArcGIS API 4.17 client side feature layer rendering issues

Jump to solution
10-27-2020 04:03 PM
JesseWilliams
New Contributor

I am using a feature layer with client side features. I am using applyEdits to modify the client side features. I had done this before in 4.16 and it was working fine, but after bumping the version to 4.17, the applyEdits call doesn't update the view. I have verified that the edits are correctly applied by querying the layer in the console and all of the updated features are there, but the view does not update. I have dug deeper and realized that once applyEdits has been called, the layer view for the feature layer to get stuck in the updating state (ie the layerView.updating property is stuck on true, as well as the mapView.updating property). It also seems to be running the CPU and eating up memory while doing this (I have even seen my page crash due to an out of memory error). It seems to me that this is a bug in the 4.17 version. I know there were a lot of updates to feature layers in this version, and it seems like maybe along with that some handling of client side feature layers may have been broken. Has anyone else run into this issue?

My Basic environment setup:

esri-loader 2.16.0 (loading arcgis api 4.17)

Vue.js 2.6.12

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Chris_K
New Contributor

I can confirm that this is still an issue at 4.19. I am having issues with label class updating on client side features when layer is edited frequently, and uniquevalue renderer symbol redrawing in view after applyedits.
I will look into creating a codepen to recreate this issue in a sandbox.

0 Kudos
BillWinters
New Contributor

The race condition I experienced with addGraphics went away once I upgraded to 4.20.  I have not tried the "apply Edits" function, but it may work now as well.

0 Kudos