Select to view content in your preferred language

4.29 New Error: No query engine defined

Jump to solution
03-01-2024 03:17 PM
GaryLSheppardJr
New Contributor III

I recently updated my Angular 16 web application from ArcGIS JavaScript Maps SDK 4.28 to 4.29. With that update, I now get a new console error when starting my web app:

ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): [no-queryEngine]: No query engine defined

I searched the node_modules/@arcgis/core directory and found this "No query engine defined" message in 4.29. I did not find it in 4.28.

Everything seems to work fine. As far as I know, it's just a console error. But it's concerning. Can anyone explain or suggest a remedy?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

Thank you for reporting this issue! We addressed the issue and the fix will be available on production sometime tomorrow. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AndyGup
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GaryLSheppardJr can you repro in a codepen outside of Angular? On surface this doesn't look like an Angular issue. If not, can you provide a personal github repo or StackBlitz using this sample as your base template=> https://github.com/Esri/jsapi-resources/tree/main/esm-samples/jsapi-angular-cli ?

0 Kudos
GaryLSheppardJr
New Contributor III

Thanks, @AndyGup. I looked at the stack trace and found which part of our app generates this error. We add a StreamLayer to the map, and then we call queryLatestObservations on its LayerView. If the stream layer is visible, I get features and no errors. If the stream layer is not visible but I use 4.28, I get zero features and no errors. The problem is when the stream layer is not visible and I use 4.29. Then I get the "No query engine defined" error.

Here's a pen that demonstrates the behavior: https://codepen.io/garysheppardjr/pen/dyLoXmZ

I suppose I can work around this by only calling queryLatestObservations when the layer is visible. That seems easy. But it's unfortunate that we have to do that with 4.29 when we didn't have to do that with 4.28.

0 Kudos
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

Thank you for reporting this issue! We addressed the issue and the fix will be available on production sometime tomorrow. 

GaryLSheppardJr
New Contributor III

Thank you, @UndralBatsukh! I can confirm that updating to 4.29.5, which was released today, fixes the problem in my Angular app. I don't see it fixed in the pen I linked above, but I don't care about that. Many thanks for the quick fix!

0 Kudos