Select to view content in your preferred language

3.0 beta and beta in general for JSAPI

Jump to solution
06-01-2012 12:14 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
How is beta handled with the javascript api?  Beyond 3... Just incremental releases, or is there a semi formal beta channel for testing out new functionality?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
Hi Ted,

We don't have a beta program. We occasionally announce a availability of a public RC but we don't have a formal or standard process for this.

3.0 is coming soon. Post-3.0, we plan to continue doing incremental releases every couple of months (the cliched "6-8 weeks" if you will).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
Hi Ted,

We don't have a beta program. We occasionally announce a availability of a public RC but we don't have a formal or standard process for this.

3.0 is coming soon. Post-3.0, we plan to continue doing incremental releases every couple of months (the cliched "6-8 weeks" if you will).
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Hey Derek -

Is there a list on what you will be supporting for 3?
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
There are quite a few things, here's a high level overview:
�??finalized support for new 10.1 features (refer to the "ArcGIS Server 10.1" book of samples here:  http://helpdev.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples_start.htm)
�??enhancements to esri.request to automatically detect and use CORS
�??uses Dojo 1.7 (we're bundling the new dgrid with our API build too)
�??new Gauge dijit
�??new samples showing more mobile examples, point clustering via a custom layer, Gauge dijit usage, using a map service returned by a GP task and more samples showing ArcGIS Portal API usage
�??lots of bug fixes/enhancements, will be detailed in our "What's New in 3.0" doc

I'm also trying to finish up a tutorial on writing classes with JS and writing dijits for use with the JS API that we can publish with the release of 3.0.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
There are quite a few things, here's a high level overview:
�??finalized support for new 10.1 features (refer to the "ArcGIS Server 10.1" book of samples here:  http://helpdev.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples_start.htm)
�??enhancements to esri.request to automatically detect and use CORS
�??uses Dojo 1.7 (we're bundling the new dgrid with our API build too)
�??new Gauge dijit
�??new samples showing more mobile examples, point clustering via a custom layer, Gauge dijit usage, using a map service returned by a GP task and more samples showing ArcGIS Portal API usage
�??lots of bug fixes/enhancements, will be detailed in our "What's New in 3.0" doc

I'm also trying to finish up a tutorial on writing classes with JS and writing dijits for use with the JS API that we can publish with the release of 3.0.

Cool.  Thank you.  Your link is not public yet ;).  3 won't be out the same day as 10.1, right, it will be a few weeks later?
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
Cool.  Thank you.  Your link is not public yet 😉

My mistake, I meant to link to the currently public JS API samples page:  http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/help/jssamples_start.htm.

3 won't be out the same day as 10.1, right, it will be a few weeks later?

I honestly don't the know official date for 10.1. We should be ready to announce 3.0 officially in the next couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Couple weeks is the release window for 10.1, so wow, lots happening in June, should be a nice cycle.  I assume you guys have a new help system coming on new Resource Center...

Look forward to seeing the tutorial you are working on. 🙂
0 Kudos
CoreyAlix
Occasional Contributor
In addition to all the great work you've already done it would be nice to see http://gmaps-utility-gis.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ *eventually* merged into the official release.  I'm not aware of any other solution for using google basemaps with JSAPI and I know presently it doesn't play well with AMD -- some reference issues when setting up the gallery.  I'm sure Nianwei Liu will be quick to fix this but how nice if ESRI would take on this burden.
0 Kudos