Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup "No Results Found" Persisting

07-19-2023 10:50 AM
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

I'm building a school locator with the Zone Lookup. If I click outside of our region where there are no polygons, the app returns "no results found." When I click inside our zones, it keeps saying no results found. I have to refresh the web page for it to work. Is this something that's being addressed? It's going to lead to lots of complaint calls and emails.  

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I tested with the default zone lookup app and can't reproduce. Are you able to share your app? Can you reproduce with this test app: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?find=Darcys%2520Decodesign

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly. I'm not able to reproduce that in the default.

Here is my app https://pdxschools.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=7b665b666982448b86985e4a3cd1...

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@LeviCecil  that requires credentials and I'm unable to access the app. Can you tell me a bit about how you have it configured. For example which properties have you set? 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

It's still prompting me for credentials. Maybe the data isn't public?

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

Oh yeah, sorry. The schools layer is now public

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I can't reproduce the issue with your app either. If I click outside the area I do get the no results message. But if I then click inside the area I see the results and the message no longer appears.  I tested on both mobile and desktop using the Chrome browser.  

Are you using a different browser?  Could you also try viewing the app in your browsers incognito (or private) mode to rule out any issues with the browsers cache?

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Frequent Contributor

Ah OK, I'm not able to recreate it now either. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Great! Let me know if you have issues with this again and I'd be happy to look into it more closely. 

0 Kudos