Search Widget: subsequent search zoom to hangs

Jump to solution
a month ago
SupriyaK
New Contributor III

I created a sidebar instant app and configured it such that I can search two fields in one of the layers in the map.

When I load the app and do an initial search, it will provide a suggestion, I click that suggestion and it zoom to the location of that feature. But when I search for a different feature, select the suggestion, it hangs (there is a bar that keep moving above the search and the map doesn't zoom to the next feature. It looks like the search works because it provided a suggestion, but the zoom to feature part of the operation is stuck. Anyone else experiencing this? If I reload the web browser and search for that second feature, it works. But the subsequent search does the same thing. 

I set up a similar search (based on two fields) in the web map and that seems to work just fine. Seems to be an issue with the search widget in instant apps?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hmm unfortunately this could be a side-effect of a change we made to the way content displays in the side panel. Can you try going into the Sidebar app configuration experience and use the "Search Configuration" option to search for "classic". The classic panel option should be found  - can you then enable that option and see if it addresses the problem? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyHutchins

Hmm unfortunately this could be a side-effect of a change we made to the way content displays in the side panel. Can you try going into the Sidebar app configuration experience and use the "Search Configuration" option to search for "classic". The classic panel option should be found  - can you then enable that option and see if it addresses the problem? 

0 Kudos
SupriyaK
New Contributor III

When I enabled the classic panel option the search works!

A bit unfortunate because I'm using the edit functionality and really liked the non-classic look/feel. But in a pinch this works. Thanks for the quick response!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

So sorry about that. But we are working on ensuring the "new" panel behaves appropriately in all situations (printing, editing, multiple popups) for the next release.