Instant Apps Zoom Functionality Not Working with Filters

12-22-2023 09:02 AM
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

Zoom functionality is not working as intended in a Sidebar Instant App. I have zoom scale set to buildings. With a few filters set, I am observing that when there is more than one feature present in the filter result, the zoom works fine and zooms to the closest extent that still covers all displayed features. However, when there is only one feature in the filter result, the map does not zoom but only pans slightly. It stays at the default extent.

Is this a bug and/or can this be resolved in my app? Thank you!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
rwrenner_esri
Esri Contributor

As this sounds like unexpected functionality, I'd recommend opening a ticket with Tech Support.

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tiff  - did you get a solution to this?  I'm having a similar issue in some apps, when you click on the map and the result(s) is returned to the sidebar information panel, using the zoom to button on the result doesn't zoom to the full extent of the feature. 

The issue seems to be if it needs to zoom out, it will zoom in from a wider extent to the feature but won't zoom out from a closer extent to the feature.

Its working in some instant apps I have but not all and I can't see any reason why there should be a difference at the moment, they're all using map services from referenced data from the same federated geodatabase.  

0 Kudos
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AnneTetley, I don't think I got a solution to this but I also somehow can't recall which app or where I was seeing this behavior unfortunately. Do you have any maps shared publicly that I can look at? It might help jog my memory. At the time of posting I did not have Esri technical support access as @rwrenner_esri suggested so I was not able to open a ticket, but I can do so if I am able to replicate this issue again.

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for responding.  I've just checked the two apps and they're working as expected again.  No idea what the problem was on that particular day but it seems to have been a temporary issue thankfully.

0 Kudos