Reset an ArcGIS Web Mapping Application back to default?

06-21-2016 02:35 PM
MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to reset an ArcGIS Web Mapping Application back to default settings for everything (i.e. widgets, settings, etc)?

One of my web mapping applications is acting abnormally, which seems to have started after the most recent ArcGIS Online update.  My other web mapping applications with similar functionality are working normally though.  I have a couple view tables in this particular web app and the attribute table widget will not open for those (the spinning timer will circle for hours); however, attribute tables will open for all my other layers in this web app.  Also, when I go to the web map associated with this web app, the view tables work perfectly in the web map.  The issue seems to be in the web mapping application.  I just want to reset it and start with fresh settings, but I cannot delete it and start over (need the url to stay the same).

0 Kudos
15 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Marie

Which template app are you using?  Is the link public? If so can you share. If not try refreshing the application with the browser's developer tools open to see if there are any errors noted in the developer console. Here are instructions for opening the developer tools in Chrome:

Chrome DevTools Overview - Google Chrome

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

Kelly, the map service is secured. But the developer console shows 1 warning and 1 error.  It doesn't mean much to me.  Can you provide any insight to the meaning?  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Looks like the Web App Builder so not sure about this one. Perhaps Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ or Jianxia Song​ have some ideas?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Marie,

It seems to be complaining about the layer not having an ObjectId field set on it. Are there anything unusual about those layers that are not opening?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

ZeZheng Li​ - can you take a look at it?

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

It's a table that won't open.  The table is a view into a flat database table not in a GIS. This is also the case with another table in the web app that will not work either.  Neither of these tables have ObjectID fields to reference. 

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Hi Marie, Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ is right: it's caused by the layer not having an OBJECTID. Attribute Table tries to sort records by using this field but without handling the exception that this filed is not available. Unfortunately there is no chance to fix this now.

Would you please check those layers? Are they generated by your own codes? If so, is it possible to turn this field on?  This is a required field and is normally generated by ArcGIS clients automatically (e.g. ArcMap). Without this field, there would be other problems with query, selections, and so on.

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

Both of these tables are generated within my organization, but not in a GIS database.  Since these tables are not GIS based and do not have an ObjectID, would a different type of unique ID field be a solution?  Or does it have to be an ObjectID field?

Both of these tables have worked seamlessly for nearly a year.  What could have caused them to suddenly stop?  I'm curous if this is a new webapp bug, because when I open the web map that is associated with the web app, the tables open normally. 

Thanks for y'alls help.  I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Hi Marie,

Because of the time, we have no manners to change the code. Maybe there have a workaround for you:

I think these tables be added to arcmap directly and then be published to service.

However, these tables doesn't have a field  be recognized by FeatureLayer as `objectIdFeild`.

I suggest you import these tables to a GIS database, and use  "GIS tables" instead of these tables, and then overwrite the service.

Please let me know if you still have some questions.

Thanks,

Zezheng

0 Kudos