Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Notification Instant App Issue Since the Recent AGOL Update: The Search Doesn't Respect Your Configuration, Defaults to World Locator Service

3 weeks ago
JessicaHanscomBrunswickGIS
New Contributor III

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. The Search bar in the list-maker tab defaults to the World Locator Service and our own address locator instead of what I have it configured for. I have it configured for this:

JessicaHanscomBrunswickGIS_0-1720700661305.png

and I get this:

JessicaHanscomBrunswickGIS_1-1720700704941.png

Anyone else have something similar happening?

Jessica

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@JessicaHanscomBrunswickGIS I'm unable to reproduce this, would you be able to share your app? I am seeing the search locator order respected and the placeholder text updated in my test.  One thing to check is that you have published the latest updates to the launched app. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hi Beth,

This is the app: https://brunswickgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/notification/index.html?appid=069c66e7a27442f991c5...

I have a case open and we've tried all kinds of things. The only thing that has worked is re-building the underlying map and using it in a new app (the old map in a new app did not work). This is not ideal, having to rebuild whenever there is an AGOL update.

In the new app I have run into another issue with search: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-questions/another-public-notification-app-instant-...

Jessica

0 Kudos
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@JessicaHanscomBrunswickGIS The table in your map is not loading and it's causing an error in the app which is impacting setting up search locators based on a layer in the map. We have an issue logged and will resolve this in the next update of ArcGIS Online. In the meantime, if you remove the Conservation Easement Properties table your app should work as expected. 

BethRomero_0-1721241360955.png

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

That works! Search is back and you're my hero!

This does open up another weird thing I noticed and reported to the my case rep: when you select a parcel by parcel ID it often selects a random number of adjacent parcels. Try searching for parcel 22-44 for instance and you'll hopefully see. The weird thing is that if you buffer off the parcel you searched for it doesn't use the additional parcels in the buffer. The selection of them will confuse users though.

Thanks, Jessica

0 Kudos