Problem with scrolling in Attachment Viewer Web App

10-22-2020 01:44 PM
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

webapps‌ attachment viewer app‌ attachment viewer‌

I am using the attachment viewer app to show recorded plats for our planning and engineering department. The users love it, but we have come across an issue with scrolling the attachment horizontally after zooming in. We can scroll vertically, but the bar at the bottom of the screen that tells you how many attachments are available overrides the scroll bar (example below).

The workaround is to use the arrow keys on the keyboard, but that is really not that intuitive for someone who is already using the mouse to navigate the map and zoom in/out. It would also be nice if the zoom in/out also worked with the mouse scroll wheel rather than just the + and - buttons. 

Is there a setting I am missing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi Alyssia,

Glad to see that you're using the Attachment Viewer! One approach to go about removing the attachment scroll is by using the Custom CSS configuration setting in the Attachment Viewer's configuration panel. 

Within the configuration panel's full setup, navigate to Theme & Layout > Custom CSS.

Within the Custom CSS input, enter:

.esri-photo-centric__image-viewer--desktop .esri-photo-centric__photo-viewer-container .esri-photo-centric__attachment-number { display: none; }

This will remove the attachment scroll from the attachment preview container. 

If you are removing the attachment scroll AND are using the image pan/zoom feature, you can nicely reposition the image pan/zoom tool by including this CSS rule as well:

.esri-photo-centric__image-viewer--desktop .esri-photo-centric__photo-viewer-container .esri-photo-centric__image-zoom-slider { bottom: 1%; }

You can enter these 2 rules in the same input. 

Also, thank you for your feedback in regards to using the mousewheel scroll on the image pan/zoom feature. We will take this into consideration. 

Please let use know if you further questions. 

Thanks,

Ryan 

katherine_evans
New Contributor II

HI, I am having two issues with attachment viewer and I can't figure out how to fix them at all. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

1. the image included shows the attachment viewer imbedded in my story map. This is what it looks like when it is first opened. I can't get it to not automatically zoom in to a section, I want it zoomed out to the whole state and allow the user to select what they want to see.

2. The other issue I was having is with the pop up info. As you can see in the image there is information about the selected item. How do I get rid of this pop up? I tried disabling popups in the map and I tried deleting all the information but I still get a pop up with various facts about the layer. I only want the attachment to show. How can I accomplish this. Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor