Nearby Instant App: Introduction Panel/Welcome Screen

Jump to solution
04-27-2021 09:29 AM
Labels (1)
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Hm, did the April 2021 update of ArcGIS Online and Configurable Apps change the way that the introduction panel is displayed on the Nearby App?

I swear the search bar wasn't obscured by the welcome panel before. We can adjust the language, but it isn't intuitive for the user to X out the welcome panel to access the search bar.

DanteLee_1-1619540602505.png

Having it configured like the Zone Lookup where the panel is collapsible is ideal!

DanteLee_2-1619540875352.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanteLee

Thanks! Matt Payne actually offered some simple CSS to adjust for this in the meantime. For anyone interested:

On the Theme & Layout > Theme tab, paste directly into the Custom CSS box, publish, and relaunch your app and it should work:

#detailPanel{top:90px;} #refinePanel{display:block !important;}

(I did something like 150px to account for the slider as well)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi Dante,

Thanks for posting about this. We did not make this change in the April 2021 release. The behavior of the introduction panel was setup this way when the app was released initially. However, for the upcoming release we are looking into standardizing this behavior to using one of those options. I am going to take the feedback from your post and make a note of it for using the collapsable introduction panel. 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
DanteLee

Thanks! Matt Payne actually offered some simple CSS to adjust for this in the meantime. For anyone interested:

On the Theme & Layout > Theme tab, paste directly into the Custom CSS box, publish, and relaunch your app and it should work:

#detailPanel{top:90px;} #refinePanel{display:block !important;}

(I did something like 150px to account for the slider as well)

WHartnett
New Contributor

Thank you, this was very helpful! After applying this fix on my app, the letters in the Introduction Title were slightly clipped on top and bottom. Adding a bit of padding to your Custom CSS fixed this for me:

#detailPanel{top:150px; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom:10px} #refinePanel{display:block !important;}

I would agree that Nearby having the same introduction behavior as Zone Lookup would be ideal. We use both side by side, and it would be a big plus to have a consistent user experience.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos