Minimal Gallery Document Link

01-26-2018 06:50 AM
LaurenLee
New Contributor III

Is there a way to configure the minimal gallery to directly open the document link instead of opening the ArcGIS Online Item page? My users won't want to click "Open" on the item page just to open the document link (usually to a website). @kellyhutchins minimal gallery #document link

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There are several parts where you can click. Users should be instructed to you the option indicted in green to open the App with a single click:

0 Kudos
LaurenLee
New Contributor III

Thanks Xander, my maps and apps open fine. It is only the document links in my group. No matter where you click open the item page. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I see, indeed you are totally right, the options are different when you have a document link. No option to open it directly. That is odd:

The behavior of the other relatively new gallery is different. It will open the document link in a single click:

BTW, love the design of your images!

MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor

Hey Lauren,

We have addressed this in our June 2018 release of ArcGIS Online.  On the Options tab in Minimal Gallery's configuration panel, there is now a new check box for "Open document link item type in browser".  You should see this the next time you configure your Minimal Gallery.  Let me know if you have any issues or questions on this.  

Thanks!

-Matt