Select to view content in your preferred language

Manager app truncating GPS coordinates on export to CSV

a week ago
TonyaLong
New Contributor

I'm fairly new to Instant Apps (after using Web App Builder for many years), but I'm running into an issue with exported data from the Manager App that has me stumped. I have data in web map where I've set the latitude and longitude to be visible out to six decimal places, and they display correctly in the pop up and attribute table.

Decimal Place Format.JPG Pop Up.JPG

I then created a Manager App from this web map. When I view the coordinates in the table in the Manager App, they display correctly out to six decimal places. However, when I export the data to a CSV file, the coordinates are truncated to three decimals places. Increasing the number of decimal places visible in the columns of the CSV file only adds zeroes to the end of the values.

Manager Table.JPG CSV File.JPG

I've searched everywhere in the Manager App settings and can't seem to find anything to fix this. Am I missing something somewhere or does anyone have suggestions to get the data to export with the correct number of decimal places? The stakeholders using these apps have to export the data and provide them to County and Federal partners for endangered species monitoring, so coordinates to three decimal places are not nearly accurate enough. Thanks for any advice!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @TonyaLong 

Thanks for bringing this up. I have passed it along to the team and we are looking into it. 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos