Layer List Select Layers to include is no longer working - Sidebar instant app

02-23-2023 08:07 AM
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

The Layer List for the Sidebar instant app is no longer working.  The app had been previously configured to only display 5 layers.  It is now displaying every layer in the webmap. 

I need the layers for one of the pop-ups however I do not need them to be toggleable on and off. 

Is there a work around for the issue?  

RyanBohan_0-1677168179156.png

7 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanBohan 

Thanks for reaching out about this. I just tried to reproduce this behavior and was unable to. I am currently looking into this more now, will report back with any findings. 

Would it be possible to share the map that you are using that sees the issue? 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
RyanBohan

Hi @SarahMcDonald_Esri 

I recalled previously any text in the Map accessibility section caused an issue after an Esri update.  I removed all text and cleared by browser cache. This has seemed to solve the issue. 

Has there been any recent updates to the instant apps?

Solved: Re: Sidebar - Unable to load map after November 20... - Esri Community

RyanBohan_0-1677172378327.png

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for the update. We did have an update last night so that could've been what happened. Were you able to add the map description back in and see the layer list settings working as expected now?

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
RyanBohan

That must have been what happened.  The instant app is in production and available to the public, so I'll leave the description off.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I created a copy of the map used the last time and built this demo app and can't repro it when the map desc is in place. Are you using a different map maybe? 

https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/sidebar/index.html?appid=b43c30cbfa0141648bf87707ef863d8a

0 Kudos
RyanBohan

Hi Kelly,

If it will be helpful, here is the links to both the webmap and sidemap app.  Since I have removed any text from the Map Descriptions – Map accessibility text field the Layer list is now displaying correctly.  The error was first reported this morning Feb 23rd, I am guessing it was related to last nights AGO update.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks Ryan. I can't repro with a copy of your map/app with the map desc included. I did make one small change to the app to handle an issue with layers loading. When you get a chance can you try adding the map desc back in and letting me know if it works?  You can use the "My Apps" section of this page to make a copy of your app if you don't want to worry about breaking your existing app. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instantgallery/index.html?tab=myApps

0 Kudos