How can I edit a template which was downloaded from GitHub?

Jump to solution
09-04-2015 03:33 AM
BarbaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

I have used an ESRI template which was downloaded from GitHub and I want (a) to change the dimensions or position of the frame which includes the title and (d) to add more widgets.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
BarbaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

​As I have already mention in my post, I have used this specific ESRI template which was downloaded from GitHub and I want (a) to change the dimensions or position of the frame which includes the title and a logo and (b) to add more widget positions.

More specific I want the frame's width to be as long as the map. Also I want to change the logo's properties (opasity, width).

Finally, with this theme I got 5 "empty" positions of widgets. I want to know how to make more of them.

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

To answer your second question,

Add to line 65:

FloatingTheme/laouts/horizontal/config.json

, {
  "position": {
  "left": 260,
  "bottom": 10
  }
  }

I have not tried this since I don't have 1.2 installed yet.

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

To answer part of your second question change

floatingtheme/widgets/FloatingHeader/css/style.css

Change the % to any you want. Also the max-width calc the theme is set up to -60px from 100% but if you want it to cover the whole page delete the line.

Change line 18& 19

jimu-widget-floatingheader {
  width: 100% !important;
max-width: calc(100% - 60px); 
0 Kudos
BarbaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

The file in which I have to make these changes is the one that rests inside the Floating theme folder etc.,  which I had copied from the downloaded file to the WAB folder. Correct?

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

That is mostly correct,

It depends if you want every app you make with Floating theme to have the changes you want to make or if you want just one.

0 Kudos
BarbaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

Yes, I want all of them to have the same changed theme...

ok!

I will try to do what you have already suggested and I' ll let you know!

0 Kudos
BarbaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

Sorry for not replying for so long..

I made the changes you suggested about the title's width, but it only affects the new apps. The one that i have already made keeps the original width in Web AppBuilder. I really don't know what is happening....

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

The reason that the ones you have already made is because the code is in a separate file. The way you can change that is by editing your widgets file.

Look Here to change your app:

arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.2\server\apps\(your app number)

BarbaraAntoniou
New Contributor II

As far as the widget position... it is not working... I think that it wants something more... we only give the exact position in your suggestion.. maybe it needs also the look, etc. of the widget in order to appear as part of the floating theme.. No?

0 Kudos