Does the "Hint" functionality for the Finder app work?

Jump to solution
09-10-2014 01:23 PM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III

I downloaded the latest Finder app to host on our onsite server. I can't get the Hint functionality for the search tool to work. Does this only work when the template is hosted on AGOL?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise
New Contributor III

Hi June,

Hint works regardless of the environment in which you've chosen to deploy Finder. I just tested with an implementation of Finder on my web server and when I change the value of searchBox.hint the grey italicized text in the search text box changes to match.

Is this the hint you are referring to? If not, can you describe the change you are trying to make, the behavior you are expecting, and what you are seeing instead?

Thanks,

Allison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllisonMuise
New Contributor III

Hi June,

Hint works regardless of the environment in which you've chosen to deploy Finder. I just tested with an implementation of Finder on my web server and when I change the value of searchBox.hint the grey italicized text in the search text box changes to match.

Is this the hint you are referring to? If not, can you describe the change you are trying to make, the behavior you are expecting, and what you are seeing instead?

Thanks,

Allison

0 Kudos