Data Extract Task In Geoprocessing Widget in Hosted WAB Failing in IE11

Jump to solution
05-26-2017 08:27 AM
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III

HI Guys,

Any help would be hugely appreciated :

I have a GPServer Task see this link THE Extract Data Task and its on ArcGIS server 10.3.1 which is giving me problems when I access it via a AGOL Hosted Viewer and using the Geoprocessing Widget  in Internet Explorer 11, the same Hosted Viewer including  gp service and widget works perfectly in Chrome no errors reported.  The error I get in IE11 is

Console error in IE11

I have several GP Data Extract Tasks in several viewers and they all fail in IE11

This is the error manifested on the widget

Widget Error Data Extract

The output file is generated perfectly but the widget cannot display the link

This is the response body just as the error is displayed.......

{"paramName":"Output_Zip_File","dataType":"GPDataFile","value":{"url":"https://secure.dcenr.gov.ie/arcgis/rest/directories/arcgisjobs/apm/apm_extract_2017_gpserver/ja0a922..."}}

So my questions are ...

is there anything obviously wrong with what I'm expecting or doing?

Should this process work with IE11 without any intervention?

Is there any process I can check to help me debug this ?

Should I be securing this and running it via the AGOL hosted proxy ?

Again thanks for reading and any ideas would be appreciated.

Paulg

PS This post may be going to an incorrect Publish location - if possible please recommend a better location

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for reporting the issue Paul!

It looks like you are running into BUG-000103480: Using a geoprocessing service or widget in Web AppBu.. 

This should be addressed in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online at the end of June.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyGerrow

Adding the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder?sr=search&searchId=fdae33ac-af4c-46d...‌ space for visibility also.

Is the geoprocessing task successfully running on the server? Are there any errors in the server error logs?

Can you confirm that the same app and tool work in Chrome?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for looking  ... and adding the item to the correct thread....

The geoprocessing task works correctly on the server and there are no errors generated on the server.

This task and app works perfectly in Firefox and Chrome with no issues in the console or network logs... and the link provided returns the correct data extracted in zip format.

I asked a colleague to take a look and he agrees with me that this is a bug in the code, in so far as that IE11 does not support the method 'includes', he took a look into the code being passed and this bit is where the issue appears to be(?)

else if (a.dataType.includes("GPDataFile") || a.dataType.includes("GPRasterDataLayer"))

p = b.url ? p + ('\x3ca target\x3d"_blank" href\x3d"' + b.url + '"\x3e' + b.url + "\x3c/a\x3e") : p + (a.paramName + ": null");

However since I'm using AGOL hosted I don't have an option to fix this code unless I self host which unfortunately is not an option in this case.  I have trawled AGOL - APPS and found many hosted viewers with exactly the same issue in IE11.

I made my public for my colleague to test, its still public if you wish to take a look ... Test Here

Another example I found with the same issue by another author is Another Author Test

Any ideas of how to proceed ?  It this and option to raise a support call ?

Thanks

Paulg

0 Kudos
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Just in addition I tested this app in Edge version 15 on www.browserstack.com and found that it worked in Edge v15, failed in IE11 Latest, and worked in Mozilla v53 and Chrome v58

In our organisation we must support from IE11 forward ....

Paul

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Paul,

I suggest contacting tech support and getting a bug logged. Let me know if you need any help getting a case created.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks for reporting the issue Paul!

It looks like you are running into BUG-000103480: Using a geoprocessing service or widget in Web AppBu.. 

This should be addressed in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online at the end of June.

-Kelly

AdrienHafner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I'm having a similar issue in Web AppBuilder (running via Portal version 10.5.1 rather than AGOL).  Can you confirm if the bug still exists for Portal users?

0 Kudos