Customizing My Government Services App

05-01-2015 12:24 PM
EmilyLaMunyon
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have downloaded the My Government Services app and am trying to customize it and have a few issues/questions:

• I have added a custom logo to the header but no matter how much I resize it, it does not fit on the header. I have changed what I thought was the right code in the css file and still no luck. How do I change the dimensions of the header logo?

• Is there a way to have the Search Address window open when the application launches? I want to make this as easy as possible for the end user.

• My Locate function is not working, the app just spins, why is this not working? Where do I find out how to fix this in the code?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Emily,

For your 3rd quesiton, I use FireBug with the FireFox browser.  This is a great add-on that will report any errors within the application.  Ex:

screen1.png

JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

For changing the logo, take a look at changing the height/width for the .imgApp and .divApplicationHeader classes within the myGovServices.css.

EmilyLaMunyon
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jake! I was able to tweak the css file to make my logo fit. I will look into the devloper tools next week to see why my locator is not working.

0 Kudos
JoshVigness
New Contributor II

Emily,

Did you ever find a way to have the Search Address open when the app opens?

0 Kudos
EmilyLaMunyon
Occasional Contributor

Hi Josh,

No, but we have implemented this design for the My Government Services app where there is text box search for the address, which I think is more straight forward for the user.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b03c14cb96d44608a245b7d6dc84256a.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JoshVigness
New Contributor II

Emily,

Thanks, I was considering that alternative as well.

0 Kudos
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

In addition to Canadian healthcare, I am envious of this Canadian My Government Services app.  I have been working on it,trying to get it configured for our city (in the US).  Not as straightforward as I had hoped.  I've taken out all of the code I can find that is Canada-specific, but am sill getting an error related to the Dojo set up at js.arcgis.com 3.8.

Wondering if anyone in the US has successfully reconfigured this app?

Thanks -

Allen Scully

City of Tucson, AZ

0 Kudos
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Found out from ESRI that since the My Municipal Government Services app is from ESRI Canada, they don't really support it in the States.  Fair enough.   If you're good with javascript it is pretty easy to configure however you need.