Configurable apps Basic, dock pop-up shows no data

08-04-2022 01:19 PM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I created a simple application using the Basic configurable application.  The web map has two feature services, one of which has the pop-up enabled.  The web map is now accessed in the new map viewer.  In I click on the "Show pop-up content panel instead of pop-up window," after saving the change, the pop-up opens and is empty.  If I unclick, save, the floating pop-up opens and has the data.  I am not sure what else I need to set/click on or off.  I would really like to make use of the docked pop-up panel.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Jay,

I created a test app here and' can't reproduce the issue. Is your app public? If so can you share the link? Here's my test app: https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/basic/index.html?appid=0724e272354a4815b5b2f5a4af0a1f04

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Kelly,

The app is not public.  Screen shot shows the blank pop-up, which is placed in the upper right corner of the map.  I noticed in your example, the pop-up is in the lower right.  I have tried enabling this multiple times in the Basic configuration screen, Options tab, same result.

JayHodny_0-1659977759808.png

JayHodny_1-1659979728366.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Ok I modified the sample to put the popup in the upper right and still can’t reproduce the problem with my sample app. Which browser(s) are you using? If you open the browser developer tools are there any errors shown in the console when you click to open the popup.
If you haven’t used the browser dev tools yet here is how you open them:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Common_questions/What_are_browser_developer_tools

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Oh wait just looked more closely at the screenshot and it looks like you are using the Basic Viewer app which is an older instant app. I'll test it out and see if I can reproduce there. 

What types of capabilities does your app need? We have several instant apps that are using the latest updates and are more mobile friendly than the basic viewer. One option to take a look at is the Sidebar app to see if it fits your needs. 

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hi Kelly,

I was getting confused, Basic vs Basic Viewer vs Minimal.  I need a very simple application, that does not allow sharing through social media and similar.  I think this was why I chose one Basic app over the other.  My users need to click on the feature, which opens a pop-up to show two pieces of information.  No print widgets, social media, sharing, etc.  Ability to turn on/off operational layers, legend, basemap gallery, measure, scale, and details widgets enabled, the basics.

Thanks for your help! Jay

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
0 Kudos
JayHodny
Hi Kelly,
Hey, let me give these a try, I like both of them, and they seem to fit the need. I will let you know!
Many thanks,
Jay
0 Kudos