Select to view content in your preferred language

Attachment Viewer "Only show features with attachments" doesn't show any features

06-26-2024 07:46 AM
Labels (1)
DakotaLott-Werkheiser
New Contributor II

I have a map where fielders are inputting features and often times adding pictures as attachments. In the Attachments Gallery there is a "Only display features with attachments" toggle but when I activate that feature I get zero features on the map. With the toggle off I get my 11,700 odd features but back to the issue of 'blanks' in the photo section.

I found this article from May of this year that says that function was deprecated but checking on Portal and AGOL instant app builder the option remains in the UI.

Work-arounds include a boolean field for attachment status but that seems redundant when the toggle is right there. Am I missing something, is the feature truly deprecated?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @DakotaLott-Werkheiser 

Thanks for reaching out about this. For the attachments that are added to features, do you know what file type the attachments are? (PNG, JPG, PDF)

We had to deprecate the "Only display features with attachments" setting a few years back in Attachment Viewer, but were able to bring the setting back about a year and a half ago. So the setting being available in the Attachment Viewer configuration is expected. 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
DakotaLott-Werkheiser
New Contributor II

Hey Sarah, the attachments are in .jpg format. The app works fine when the filter is toggled off, but when the toggle is on then zero features draw.

We're on 11.1 and Pro 3.1 if that matters.

0 Kudos