Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise Instant App hangs for exactly one minute on loading

a month ago
SarahNoakes1
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I have built a basic Instant App in ArcGIS Enterprise and it is very slow to load in both Chrome and Edge. There is a stage where it pauses for exactly one minute every single time, then once it has loaded, the speed is fine. This happens on every Instant App I build in AGE (ArcGIS Online is fine). We have an 11.2 and an 11.3 environment and it happens in both.

I used the browser console to investigate the issue. The app makes this request: https://maptestportal.cornwall.gov.uk/portal/sharing/rest/portals/self?f=json, waits for a minute for a response and then the request is cancelled:
basic_instant_app_self.PNG

If I open that URL in a new browser tab, it responds within a few seconds.

I have made an app on our test environment with a simple web map and shared it to demonstrate the issue: maptestportal.cornwall.gov.uk/portal/apps/instant/basic/index.html?appid=145c07cdabbc49f2879c104c5d3....  

We have previously logged a call with ESRI UK and they think it is an issue on our side, but our Network team have been unable to spot anything. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChryseMorales
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah,

Is this happening for all your Instant App templates or only basic? Is it also happening with hosted data or only referenced data like what you shared? 

0 Kudos
SarahNoakes1
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ChryseMorales ,

It happens in all the Instant App templates.  It also happens in the Instant App builder when you select the web map to use in the app.

0 Kudos
SarahNoakes1
Frequent Contributor

It's fixed!  I don't fully understand the magic our Networks team wrought, but they told me they added the server URL to a group on the firewall that "allows access for sites which are non-proxy aware".

It may be just a peculiarity with our configuration, but I thought I'd post an update in case anyone else has the same issue.  If it's something you are stuck with, contact me and I'll be happy to pass on more details.

0 Kudos