Select to view content in your preferred language

Ability to click point layers in zone lookup to get a pop up

07-25-2024 07:32 AM
TroyHagemeyer
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm working on making an instant app for my school district to use that will show if someone's address is in a bus eligible area and the bus stops nearby for each school level. I've gotten the first part in a zone lookup instant app where it uses the bus eligibility polygon layers to show if an address is within any, but it seems like the zone lookup app doesn't have the capability of allowing for users to click on point layers that are also in the map. If there is a way to do this, I would be happy to find out, or if there is another instant app that might have the functionality or another workaround. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Have you enabled this option in the configuration? "Enable pop-up for layers not included in results"

If so and if it doesn't work when clicking on a point feature is your map or app public? If its public can you share it? 

0 Kudos
TroyHagemeyer
New Contributor II

Looks like I didn't have that turned on after all. However, it still isn't working and I think it may have to do with it searching the point where I click. Is there a way to turn off the search a point that you click on the map option?

0 Kudos
TroyHagemeyer
New Contributor II

I was able to get it working after all! It was because of the service layer I was using was the map image layer rather than the feature layer. I was able to replace the layers with those and the pop ups are coming up now

0 Kudos
Chris_Kell
New Contributor III

I'm working on the same IA for the same purpose.  Following an address search my point layers (schools) are appearing under the zones.  When a users clicks a school for additional information they are presented with the following.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!ia pop up.png

0 Kudos