Select to view content in your preferred language

Remove the "X" to close on Introduction Panels

09-29-2022 02:53 PM
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

In the Sidebar instant app, I would suggest removing the "X" (top right)

I would like the users to have to click they are agreeing to terms and conditions.  Currently you can just close the window in the top right, and skip reading the disclaimer.

RyanBohan_0-1664488166478.png

If you load the instant app on a phone, you don't even need to scroll down, you can just click the "X"

3 Comments
KellyHutchins

Thanks for the feedback. @RyanBohan  We are working on a redesign for our info/splash windows for the Q1 2023 release of ArcGIS Online. I think it makes sense to remove the close button in cases where there is a requirement to agree before closing the window. 

RyanBohan

Hi @KellyHutchins,

I was wondering if there is any update when the "X" might be removed from the info/splash window?  On mobile, I would like users to at least have to scroll down.  Currently you can just click the "X" and never see the entire text.

Thank you

KellyHutchins

@RyanBohan we are working on a shared component for use in all the instant apps that will help us standardize splash/info behavior across apps including adding things like "Don't show this again" checkbox. It will not be included in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online but we are hoping it will be available in a release later this year.

I'll add the ability to hide the "x" close button to the list of requirements for that component.