Time slider or animation

Jump to solution
05-16-2019 08:20 AM
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

Is there a time slider or time animation capability with Insights?  If not, is it in the road ahead?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Wanted to chime in here and let you know that this is in our Semester plan (H2 2020) and will be looking to implement time animations later this year or early next.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Brad, hope this finds you well. I apologize for the delay in getting a response. Could you clarify the type of time slider you would like to see in Insights? Time enabled content will typically work in Insights cards but I have a feeling that you are speaking about a ArcGIS Pro like time slider. 

Unfortunately it does not seem like we have this within the product at this time That being said, you are able to create and use a time series graph. This might prove to be a workable alternative for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
BradJones3
Occasional Contributor

I was thinking along the lines of what we are capable with the ArcGIS API for Javascript, synchronized between map and charts.

No worries, I've moved to developing my own app/dashboard.

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reply Brad. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
OriGudes3
New Contributor II

Thanks Jon

So, time enabled maps are not supported in ESRI Inisghts at this stage?

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

That is correct, time enabled maps are not supported in Insights. That being said, you are able to set up a scheduler in Insights 2020.2 running on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. More info on this can be found here: Schedule updates for shared pages

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Wanted to chime in here and let you know that this is in our Semester plan (H2 2020) and will be looking to implement time animations later this year or early next.

TracyThorleifson
New Contributor III

Awesome possum! 🙂

AbbyHardy-Moss
New Contributor

Hi Arthur,

I'm still not seeing this option in Insights. Do you have an update on the timing of the addition of this feature or am I missing it?  Thanks!

0 Kudos