"Something went wrong" error - Insights for AGOL

Jump to solution
01-31-2018 07:56 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi guys,

I am playing with insights in AGOL today for the first time.

I published 8 layers (demographic data, mostly numbers) in a feature service stored in a secure folder in ArcGIS server 10.2.

I added the service as item in AGOL, storing the credentials.

I add the data on insight for AGOL. I add a map in the workbook and I see it,  I can click on a single region and see the statistic for the area but, when I try to add a chart (or a table) instead of a map I get the "something went wrong" error.

I read a question here, about a similar error in portal, but I could not get any help.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Pan gis‌,

Glad to hear you're testing out Insights in ArcGIS Online!

First off, we'll need to make sure you're working with data that's supported. In order to work with feature layers from ArcGIS Enterprise in Insights, you'll need to be at least at version 10.5.1.

10.2 was not certified against Insights, and therefore is not supported. The chart here in our doc is specific to Enterprise deployments, but applies to Insights Online as well. Insights Online is basically version 2.2 of Insights, as mentioned here. (Scroll down to the Multiple Version Table)

Once your data comes from a supported version of ArcGIS Enterprise, then you'll want to retest and see if the behavior persists.

Hope this helps!

Nathan

View solution in original post

9 Replies
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Pan gis‌,

Glad to hear you're testing out Insights in ArcGIS Online!

First off, we'll need to make sure you're working with data that's supported. In order to work with feature layers from ArcGIS Enterprise in Insights, you'll need to be at least at version 10.5.1.

10.2 was not certified against Insights, and therefore is not supported. The chart here in our doc is specific to Enterprise deployments, but applies to Insights Online as well. Insights Online is basically version 2.2 of Insights, as mentioned here. (Scroll down to the Multiple Version Table)

Once your data comes from a supported version of ArcGIS Enterprise, then you'll want to retest and see if the behavior persists.

Hope this helps!

Nathan

PanGIS
by

Hi Nathan,

thank you for the answer.

I see the problem you mentioned and it is pretty expected.

I tried to publish on 10.5.1 on a testing environment but I cannot as I think there is a problem with certificates.

I don't understand the problem and at the moment I cannot even add the item in AGOL as I keep on getting errors.

I will let you know.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Update.

I published in 10.5.1 in a non secured folder.

added the item, but in insights I get this:

Can it be related to a certificate issue?

When I open the feature service in a map in AGOL the layers are visible and navigable.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, 

If this was a test environment and if you're just temporarily testing this with Insights for ArcGIS, would it be possible to change the security protocols for ArcGIS Server from HTTP and HTTPS to HTTP OnlyDisable HTTP access to ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Server Administration (Linux) | ArcGIS Enterprise - We'll be doing the opposite of what the doc says here. This is just a temporary test to confirm if the issue is with certificates. Also, please make sure that Insights is opened in http://<org>.maps.arcgis.com/apps/insights

What is the geodatabase that the feature service is using - SQL Server/Oracle/PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Aravind 

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Pan gis

I'd like to reiterate Nathan's point, but I was wondering if you're experiencing the same issue if you don't secure the feature service in the folder and register it as an item in ArcGIS Online. I'm curious to know if you'd be running into the same issue here. 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Hi Aravind,

just tried and no, doesn't work. Same behavior.   (Same environment as my first attempt)

0 Kudos
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Pan gis,

At this point I would recommend engaging with Tech Support so we can dig deeper in this.

Aravind Sivasailam‌ - Would you be able to connect with Pan and arrange this?

Thanks,

Nathan

PanGIS
by

Thank you Nathan, 

I had to uninstall everything from that machine and now I am re-installing for other reasons.

I will open a case with esri as soon as everything is set up again.

0 Kudos
MuhammadWaqar_ul_islam
New Contributor III

I have the same issue "Something went wrong" while adding feature layer.

I have installed 10.6 server portal data store and 2.2.1 insight on single server machine.

when we create the hosted feature layer from ArcGIS portal and add it to insight , it shows no error.

If insight run on Microsoft edge and using F12 developer tools shows 2 errors on console, attached are the snapshot for your referenceConsole error 

Something went wrong

regards

Waqar

0 Kudos