Select to view content in your preferred language

Querying Issue with Map Service Layer in ArcGIS Insights

09-11-2023 11:43 PM
RamaRaomalisetti
New Contributor III

Iam currently facing an issue in ArcGIS Insights related to querying a Map Service layer. Despite my best efforts, I'm receiving an error message indicating that the layer does not support querying. I believe the Map Service layer should support querying, and I'm seeking your expertise to help me resolve this problem.
Map Service Properties: I have verified that the Map Service layer I'm trying to query has query capabilities enabled.
Also version is 10.8 
Also Support statististics true

RamaRaomalisetti_0-1694500972395.png

RamaRaomalisetti_1-1694500996214.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @RamaRaomalisetti

Thanks for your question. Please let me know what operation in ArcGIS Insights is producing this error. Also, send me the steps of your workflow so I understand a little better. What version of ArcGIS Insights are you using? and the URL ends in /mapserver/<#> ?

As far as I know, this should work. I tried this in the current release and it works as expected. 

We added the support for the map services at a later point so it is possible you are using an older version of ArcGIS Insights since you are using Enterprise 10.8. 

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
RamaRaomalisetti
New Contributor III

Hi  AkshayHarshe

I have added in the portal as item and then i  try to add the item in the insights

RamaRaomalisetti_1-1694590578492.png

RamaRaomalisetti_0-1694590474543.png

0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

@RamaRaomalisetti I am not very sure what other layer properties the layer has or if there was an issue that was fixed at a later point. I would recommend you create a support ticket. 

There could be a few other reasons that I can think of that may cause this Check this

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/administer/troubleshoot-map-image-layer.htm

I will also recommend you update to a newer version though you will need to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise as well. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/administer/enterprise-compatibility.htm

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos