Multiple measures

Jump to solution
04-16-2019 08:32 PM
OriGudes3
New Contributor II

Dear Insights community,

I have a data set that shows household infrastructure bill based on several categories such as water, energy, communication etc in Australia based on the different states. Also, I have this databases  aggregated to 3 different time blocks (2003, 2009 and 2015). The first issue is when I import data to ESRI Insights, once I select more than 4 measures I can't create many graphs / charts as this becomes disabled. In addition, I would like to show how the different expenses change (animate) over time (based on the states), And  I can't seem  to have an option to do this. I also created stack charts derived by the expenses categories in ArcGIS desktop but I think I can't export this to ArcGIS Online.  

Any ideas, or advice? would be appreciated.

Thanks O

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

The visuals you can create will be driven by the type and number of variables that you select.  Insights allows you to plot many different variables in many different ways and interactivity is there by default.  If you try to visualize different pieces of information on different cards, rather than all in one, and them explore how they interact together you should be able to pull out the patterns.  Looking at changes over time, you can use timelines, heat charts and data clocks and again, other cards will update as you click through them.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

The visuals you can create will be driven by the type and number of variables that you select.  Insights allows you to plot many different variables in many different ways and interactivity is there by default.  If you try to visualize different pieces of information on different cards, rather than all in one, and them explore how they interact together you should be able to pull out the patterns.  Looking at changes over time, you can use timelines, heat charts and data clocks and again, other cards will update as you click through them.  

0 Kudos