Migrate Insights Workbooks to new ArcGIS Enterprise instance

Jump to solution
11-11-2018 11:49 AM
deleted-user-59NIbCq7H8Ve
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have made a new ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.

My issue is that I would like to migrate existing Insights workbooks from the old to the new Enterprise portal.

Can this be done and how? I am at the latest 10.6.1 release for both source and target deployments;

Different approaches tried, without succes:

-   clone item using ArcGIS Python API. Can be done however the hosted WorkspaceServer services are not available on the target deployment.

-   make a full portal backup and restore on the target environment. This will probably result in data loss for all existing content on the target portal and hosting server;

Best regards,

Laurens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for this question.  It is a highly requested feature request and on that we are addressing in our upcoming release.  We are adding the concept of packages to our 2020.2 release which will enable you to export the workbook as a file package and then import to the platform of choice (Online, Enterprise or Desktop).  We continue to expand the capabilities of Insights and feedback like this is very important to our direction.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for this question.  It is a highly requested feature request and on that we are addressing in our upcoming release.  We are adding the concept of packages to our 2020.2 release which will enable you to export the workbook as a file package and then import to the platform of choice (Online, Enterprise or Desktop).  We continue to expand the capabilities of Insights and feedback like this is very important to our direction.