Jump to solution
03-23-2018 06:25 AM
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

I have just installed Insights for ArcGIS in a single machine environment but I am having problems with accessing the data once Workbook is being created - a login window appears and asks me for log in to the server machine - the window uses local network machine name rather than fully qualified domain name.:

Why?

My Portal uses built-in user store. We plan to integrate it with our AD. Will it solve the problem?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Bartlomiej Gajc‌,

Are you still encountering this issue in Insights?

To answer your questions in the above post:

1) Do NOT unfederate. You are correct, this will be very harmful to your ArcGIS Enterprise.

2) That's correct, federation requires two URL's - Service URL and Admin URL - Based on your description, you configured these properly per our doc here. (See Step 5)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bartlomiej,

Is ArcGIS Server federated with Portal for ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

Yes, it is.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Did you use the Fully Qualified Domain Name when you federated ArcGIS Server with Portal?

0 Kudos
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

The thing is that I was following the comments on the federating wizard window but after the process is completed I can see local network address of the federated server. It is being successfully validated but still being displayed on the list using local machine name.. 

So you propose to unfederate and fedarate the GIS server again? Is it harmfull for the services running on GIS server now?

0 Kudos
Sfortunatamente
New Contributor III

Adding ArcGIS Server to Portal requires two different links to ArcGIS site, right? Service URL - I have put FQDN there, and Administration URL - the local network machine name.

0 Kudos
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Bartlomiej Gajc‌,

Are you still encountering this issue in Insights?

To answer your questions in the above post:

1) Do NOT unfederate. You are correct, this will be very harmful to your ArcGIS Enterprise.

2) That's correct, federation requires two URL's - Service URL and Admin URL - Based on your description, you configured these properly per our doc here. (See Step 5)

0 Kudos