Insights public page asking for sign in

03-21-2023 01:11 PM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Me and my team has created a Insights workbook which consists of multiple datasets (including CSVs and Living Atlas data) and pages. The workbook as well its pages were shared publicly and then included in a StoryMap (also shared publicly). Now, when you scroll down in the StoryMap, the Insights page shows a sign in notification which goes away if you either click outside or cancel and the Insights Page displays its content fine just as intended.

I haven't this behavior before where a publicly shared embedded Insights workbook/page would ask for a sign in like in this case. 

Please note that the sign in notification also pops up for Insights pages that don't have any Living Atlas dataset.

What could be causing this sign in notification issue and how can it be fixed?

SaadullahBaloch_0-1679429825955.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

Sorry to hear this is happening. I am not sure what is going on here, as I have not seen this particular issue before. Just to confirm, when you click outside of the Insights iFrame in the StoryMap, the log-in console goes away and the Insights visualization works just fine? I want to confirm before I ask other members of the team about this. 

If the Insights charts/iFrame doesn't operate normally when you don't log in, then I have a hunch this issue is caused by some of the data you are using in your workbook not being shared publicly. So even if the workbook is shared, the data may not be. 

However, from  your description and the image capture, I don't think this is the issue.

Sorry I don't have more advice right now, but thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I will pass it along to the team for more thoughts once I confirm I am correctly understanding the issue.

Thanks, @Ed_!

Ian 

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ian, 

Hope all's well and thank you for the response. Yes, you are right once you click outside the sign in notification, the Insights pages work fine as intended. Most of the data is uploaded CSVs and some data pulled directly from Living Atlas.

I have another publicly shared Insights project which includes uploaded CSV and unzipped shapefile data that's been embed in a StoryMap and this embedded Insights Project Workbook (not an individual page) does not popup a sign in notification.

So I don't know what's causing this sign in pop up, that's why I shared the app's URL for your team to inspect if need be.

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos