Difficulty getting Interactive Display to Appear when Embedding Insights in GIS Storymap

02-08-2024 10:31 AM
RylandLu
New Contributor III

Morning Insights Community!

I posted this question on the Storymaps Community Board and was directed your way...

I'm having difficulty getting an interactive view to appear when I embed an Insights report. The report contains a single card displaying an interactive chart. Whenever I drop in the following iframe, I only see a static card in the embed. I don't even get the option to switch to an interactive view.  

<iframe src="https://insights.arcgis.com/#/embed/eb20ae7e093140f98ff4a73ecb262efb" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Is there any reason why this might be the case? Report can be accessed here: https://insights.arcgis.com/#/view/eb20ae7e093140f98ff4a73ecb262efb.

Best,
Ryland

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @RylandLu 

I'm not sure if this is a bug, and I'll leave that to the experts. However, a couple of things to check/try in the meanwhile come to mind. Sorry in advance if they are a waste of time:

* When you published the report with a single card, did you publish it publicly, only to the org, or only your content? If not shared publicly, when viewing the StoryMap, is the viewer logged in?

* If it's a static picture of the visualization and not just a blank card... it sounds like a bug. However, you may have to click, double-click on the image to make it interactive. I can't remember off-hand how an Insights export works in StoryMaps.

Sadly, I have a hunch neither of these will necessarily fix your problem. But I figured it may be worth a shot. 🤞

Best,

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
AkshayHarshe
Esri Contributor

Hi @RylandLu,

I couldn't access the URL you shared. Maybe it is a permissions issue like @Ian_Muehlenhaus mentioned.

Let us know.

Thanks,
Akshay Harshe
0 Kudos
RylandLu
New Contributor III

Thanks for pointing this out Akshay. I will check.

Best,

Ryland

0 Kudos