Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I use a hosted feature (Arcgis Online) in Insights Desktop?

Jump to solution
06-29-2020 04:50 PM
ErikaJimenez_Rivera1
Emerging Contributor

I am currently working on the desktop version of Insights. I am logged in to the arcgis online portal. I need to bring a hosted layer from my content but there is no such option. I know I can do that on the web version of Insights. The desktop version only lets me bring something from the living Atlas. Therefore, is there a way to bring hosted layers from my content or from a group in ArcGIS Online to desktop?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

Hi.  You can add layers from any Organisation you are logged into and you can log into multiple Organisations at one.  The tab for local content will show you anything that is stored on the machine you are working on, so in the Desktop version, that will be the datasets on your machine. 

To see the feature layers in your Online account, you can use tabs under CONNECTIONS, for example, below I am connected to my Online account and it shows as ArcGIS Insights.  The add data experience therein is the same as you are used to in your Online account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

Hi.  You can add layers from any Organisation you are logged into and you can log into multiple Organisations at one.  The tab for local content will show you anything that is stored on the machine you are working on, so in the Desktop version, that will be the datasets on your machine. 

To see the feature layers in your Online account, you can use tabs under CONNECTIONS, for example, below I am connected to my Online account and it shows as ArcGIS Insights.  The add data experience therein is the same as you are used to in your Online account.