Can I create a relationship between a hosted feature layer and a database table?

Jump to solution
04-02-2019 02:24 PM
JuliaBond
New Contributor

I am trying to create a relationship between a set of points (a hosted feature layer) and a database table. When try to create a relationship between the two, I encounter the following: "Dataset 'XXXX' is incompatible with current selection." What can I do to join my points with a table?

Insights v.3.1.0

ArcGIS Enterprise v.10.6.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question.  Today, Insights v2020.1 can only create relationships with datasets that exist in the same data store.  If the feature layer is not in the same data store, it will not work.  We have this as a backlog item and are working on a solution towards cross database joins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same question here.

I leave a screenshot below. In this example there is a feature layer and two related tables created with survey123.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArthurHaddad
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question.  Today, Insights v2020.1 can only create relationships with datasets that exist in the same data store.  If the feature layer is not in the same data store, it will not work.  We have this as a backlog item and are working on a solution towards cross database joins.

0 Kudos
BalqisOpeyemiFamuyon
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. I can't seem to make a connection between my datasets even though they are from the same source. I have a screenshot below

BalqisOpeyemiFamuyon_0-1684899044186.png

bbaker_tngeo
New Contributor III

I am trying to complete this ArcGIS Lab: https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/6448298a821bdb2fe8bc3385/performing-sales-data-analysis-with-a...

and am encountering the same issue.

@EsriTraining any thoughts on why the instructions no longer work?

0 Kudos