Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Insights Chart MouseOver

Jump to solution
02-17-2022 07:27 AM
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

Hello

Is it possible within ArcGIS Insights to change the data fields that are displayed within charts on the mouseover events, popup?

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

Thanks for fast response.  Just started using Insights on Tuesday, outstanding product...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

As far as I'm aware, not yet. (I'm often wrong, though, so someone else may have a more positive answer. 🙂

It's something we're looking at adding in a future release.

Out of curiosity, which context are you thinking of?

Are you thinking of displaying a percent of total instead of a frequency on a frequency bar chart, for example? 

This will help us potentially develop a feature that suits your needs. 

Thanks for reaching out, Paul. This is a really good idea!

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

Box Plot charts.  Would like to remove the Q1, Q3, whiskers, and outliers from the mouseover events.  Sometimes more information than the average viewer needs. 

Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Awesome example! Thanks for sharing this.

And I 100% agree with you. Too much data fills cognitive load and stymies useful interpretation or understanding. I'm a firm believer in "less-is-more" in most cases. 

I'll bring it up with the team -- like I said, this is something that has come up before, so I will add this example as further evidence that users would like this feature. Our goal is to make Insights even more useful for our users -- i.e., you. 🙂

Sometimes we want to add a feature, but the AGO cloud architecture upon which Insights is based, or APIs Insights uses, won't allow for it. I'm not sure if this falls in that category. Hopefully not. 

Thanks again for contributing on here. We really appreciate it.

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but maybe someone actually knows a way to limit the data that I don't. I'm curious to see if someone adds to this thread with better news. Fingers crossed! 

Happy data visualizing,

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

Thanks for fast response.  Just started using Insights on Tuesday, outstanding product...

0 Kudos
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

My pleasure, Paul -- or do you prefer "The Dude"? I'm a Big Lebowski fan. 🙂

So glad you're giving ArcGIS Insights a go.

We are a compact team at Esri that obsesses about helping our users.

So any time you have a question, drop a line on here. No matter how big or small. 

Somedays we're slower than others in responding -- lots of development and testing going on non-stop behind the scenes to keep us busy -- but we're here to help. 

Better than us: many of the other community members on here are bonafide Insights Ninjas. They'll often chime in before we even see a post with solutions of their own. It's a stellar community.

If you're like me before I joined this team, I think you'll find that Insights does an insane amount of what you use other GIS products to do, in less time, and a far more fun manner. Almost everything is click-n-drag.

The statistical analysis features found under the blue action button in the lower-right-hand corner of each card are also amazingly robust. It's so much fun! 

Plus, people love the interactive visuals once you share them. (Though, I agree with you on having "too much" data at times. Don't want to overwhelm the audience. 🙂 

Again, just let us know if you have questions. The community is here to help. 

Welcome to Insights!

Ian

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
PaulTHEDUDELang
New Contributor III

My little nephew calls me the "The Dude".  Couldn't link my other account so I went to this.