Adding Cross, Quantity and Cascade filters

Jump to solution
02-09-2021 02:33 AM
GeoIntelligenceUS
New Contributor

I would kindly like to ask questions about some operations of Insights for ArcGis 3.3.1.2106 (used by Arcgis Enterprise 10.7.1):

• Adding a map and dashboards in which I have enabled cross filters, is it possible filtering data directly from Dashboards using cascade filters?

• Is there the possibility to add quantity filters? (e.g. can i allow to my users to filter the municipalities in a map based on the number of inhabitants?)

• After adding a table is it possible export it? in what format?

Thanks

Giada

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi @GeoIntelligenceUS , I will paste your questions below, and put comments under each. Just a note in general, if you could upgrade from 3.3, that would be highly suggested. Version 3.3 is actually retired. The latest version of Insights to run off of Enterprise 10.7.1 is Insights 2020.3, and it will give you lots of improvements.

• Adding a map and dashboards in which I have enabled cross filters, is it possible filtering data directly from Dashboards using cascade filters?

• I think we need to clarify terminology a little to make sure we are talking about the same thing. When you say "Dashboards" - I think you are talking about charts within Insights, not ArcGIS Dashboards. Cross-filters do work across maps and charts and the summary table. Also, when you are describing cascading filters, are you referring to the predefined filter? If you are trying to consecutively apply cross filters across multiple cards, and so a sort of drill-in, that is not supported today.  
  • Is there the possibility to add quantity filters? (e.g. can i allow to my users to filter the municipalities in a map based on the number of inhabitants?)

• Yes. A couple of things come to mind. For example if you create a tree map chart, this will show the quantity, and you can use cross filters to filter. Or, you could create a summary table to get total numbers, and use that datasets to select/filter totals.

• Yes, you can export from the data pane. Today as an analyst we support csv, shapefile, and GeoJSON. With our March 30th release viewers will be able to export in csv format.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi @GeoIntelligenceUS , I will paste your questions below, and put comments under each. Just a note in general, if you could upgrade from 3.3, that would be highly suggested. Version 3.3 is actually retired. The latest version of Insights to run off of Enterprise 10.7.1 is Insights 2020.3, and it will give you lots of improvements.

• I think we need to clarify terminology a little to make sure we are talking about the same thing. When you say "Dashboards" - I think you are talking about charts within Insights, not ArcGIS Dashboards. Cross-filters do work across maps and charts and the summary table. Also, when you are describing cascading filters, are you referring to the predefined filter? If you are trying to consecutively apply cross filters across multiple cards, and so a sort of drill-in, that is not supported today.  

• Yes. A couple of things come to mind. For example if you create a tree map chart, this will show the quantity, and you can use cross filters to filter. Or, you could create a summary table to get total numbers, and use that datasets to select/filter totals.

• Yes, you can export from the data pane. Today as an analyst we support csv, shapefile, and GeoJSON. With our March 30th release viewers will be able to export in csv format.

0 Kudos