Select to view content in your preferred language

Update Occupant Features returns warning: Occupant assignment(s) could not be processed.

10-13-2023 08:36 AM
SamuelMonat
New Contributor II

Hello,

After doing the tutorial, I'm trying to use the Update Occupant Features tool with a csv file containing only two lines for two occupants on a units feature layer. I checked that both values in the UNIT_ID field are an exact match with the units features as well as for the USE_TYPE, OFFICE_NAME, FACILTY_NAME, LEVEL_NAME, LEVEL_NUMBER and VERTICAL_ORDER fields. Yet, when I run the tool, two lines are added in the occupant features as expected, but nothing shows up on the map and all of the fields are empty. I get this warning: 2 occupant assignment(s) could not be processed. 

Is there something that can cause the match between UNIT_ID values to fail?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
9 Replies
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

At first read this sounds like you've done everything correctly, but screenshots of the data used and the geoprocessing field mappings might help a little here. 

SamuelMonat
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, here is a screenshot of my csv file and the geoprocessing I'm running:

CSV Data.PNGGeoprocessing.PNG

0 Kudos
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

Everything looks good to me. A few things I would look at/try:

• Verify that the UNIT_ID in the CSV matches exactly to the UNIT_ID in the Units feature class (I'm guessing you already did this)
  • Make sure the version you are working in is reconciled against default and that you are viewing the latest version (this has gotten me before where I updated some data and I thought it wasn't working, but I forgot to refresh my version to see the changes.)
  • I would try running it without the record that contains the accent in the unit id for Jim Baird. It's possible the special character might be an issue (doubtful, but possible). 
SamuelMonat
New Contributor II

Still no luck, it is strange that the record appears in the occupants features, but the matching with UNIT_ID does not seem to work. Do you know if the other fields are used as well in the matching process?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, I don't know. Are you able to manually assign the occupant to the unit? If so, does everything match up in the occupant table after the assignment to the CSV? 

0 Kudos
SamuelMonat
New Contributor II

I have tried to assign manually the UNIT_ID in the attribute table of the occupants features but it doesn't seem to match up on the map or with other fields.

0 Kudos
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

I was asking if you are able to manually assign the occupant to the unit using the Indoors Space Manager app? If you are, do so and then compare the occupant feature class row that is assigned with the CSV. 

SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @SamuelMonat, are you still experiencing issues with this workflow? If so, could you send a screenshot of your Units layer attribute table to take a look at the UNIT_IDs that match the ones in the spreadsheet?

Regarding your question "Do you know if the other fields are used as well in the matching process?" -- No, the tool just looks at the inputs for the following parameters: Unit Identifier (input unit features) and Unit Identifier (input occupants table)

0 Kudos
MykenzieHirata
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am an intern working on indoor mapping for my university. My internship partner and I are having the same issue. However, when we did the ESRI training it was successful and had no problems, but now trying to recreate that training but with our own data we are running into the same issue. We are thinking it is an issue with our unit ids, but not sure how to troubleshoot this further.

Did you ever resolve this issue? If so what steps did you take to resolve it? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos