Error when generating directions in Indoors Viewer

Jump to solution
01-20-2022 08:29 AM
AlistairM
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I have an Indoors deployment hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and I am having issues with the indoor network. The network builds successfully in Pro 2.9.1 and I have visually verified connectivity. I have also run a number of test "routes" in Pro and they all solve with the expected result (even complex ones between buildings). However, when I publish the network analysis service to Portal and add to the Indoors viewer, I am getting an error generating directions between certain stops (strangely a good portion of the network works just fine, its always the same areas that fail). Many of the stops that fail are very close to each other and the connectivity is definitely there. In dev tools, I can see that the call to the solve endpoint is returning a json geometry and direction points but the app is not having it (you can actually see the directions flash on the panel for a millisecond before the error below):

AlistairM_0-1642695829246.png

I've tried republishing the NA service, removing it from the app etc. with no luck. My network dataset was created with the template that comes with the Pro installation.

Anyone seen anything similar or have any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

Alistair

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alistair,

The directions not generating between some stops is due to null value in the DESCRIPTION field for some features in the Landmarks feature class. Please update the description and retry the directions in Indoors Viewer. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Faraz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AlistairM I am sorry you are running into an issue with the directions in Indoor Viewer. Could you please share the following details:

1. Are you able to generate directions between Retail Area 175 and Retail Area 173 using the network dataset in ArcGIS Pro?

2. Please share the JSON that the network analysis service returned from the dev tools when the directions didn't generate in Indoors Viewer.

3. Can you check the console in dev tools and look for any errors that are reported when you get directions in Viewer. If you see any errors, please expand the error message and share a screenshot

Faraz

0 Kudos
AlistairM
Esri Contributor

Hello, thanks for the reply.

1. Yes, I can generate directions for those two stops (and all stop in my network that I've tried) in ArcGIS Pro and in the Indoors mobile app. In both those cases I'm using the network dataset directly from the enterprise gdb rather than the service.
  2.  I've attached the json response from the solve endpoint to this post
  3. Console error screenshot attached (hopefully you can see what you need to if not please let me know)

Thanks very much for your help with this and please let me know if I can provide anymore info. I could also provide access to the app if you want to send me a PM.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alistair,

The directions not generating between some stops is due to null value in the DESCRIPTION field for some features in the Landmarks feature class. Please update the description and retry the directions in Indoors Viewer. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Faraz

0 Kudos
AlistairM
Esri Contributor

That's done the trick! The data in Landmarks was a bit of a mess, not sure how I didn't notice that... Thanks so much for your help with this!!

0 Kudos