Select to view content in your preferred language

Error in loading CAD file to Indoors map

07-24-2023 07:39 AM
KatieHorning
New Contributor

I had an error when I attempted to add in 5 CAD files to my indoors map. I successfully added in the first 4 levels of non-georeferenced CAD files but when I reached the 5th floor file, I encountered an error. After I selected 'Add to current map', it proceeded to not add and to buffer non-stop. The only way to stop it was to  end task in my task manager. Nothing seemed different about this particular CAD file, same format, relatively the same size, and all 5 floors open fine in AutoCAD. We tried re-downloading the file, opening in a new map, re-saving in AutoCAD and re-downloading but still have not had much success. I can view it perfectly fine in the web browser. I then tried to view the properties instead of adding it to the map but it gave me non-stop buffering on that as well and would not load. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KatieHorning .

Would you be able to share the two CAD files - the one with a loading problem + working one?

I'll be happy to forward the files to our product engineer team members to examine what's causing the Pro an infinite buffer when directly adding to the map view.

If you can also tell us which version of ArcGIS Pro you're using, that would be helpful.

jkang@esri.com

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KatieHorning
New Contributor

Yes, I will send you an email asap.

Thank you!

0 Kudos