Elevation Problem in Building Scene Layer

Jump to solution
01-21-2024 06:28 AM
jauhari_mani
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have consumed a BIM file for Indoors Dataset which is perfectly fine but when local Scene is generated from that data it is not present on the surface of the ground.

What can I do to fix this behavior?

Currently I have turned off the elevation layer. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jauhari_mani 

The "Import BIM to Indoor Dataset" GP tool removes the REVIT's existing elevation data and places the defined floor level 1 to elevation (mean sea level/or coordinated projection) 0.

If the above case is what you're experiencing, you can use the "Adjust 3D Z" tool to add the elevation value to entire or selected input features.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jinho_Kang
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jauhari_mani 

The "Import BIM to Indoor Dataset" GP tool removes the REVIT's existing elevation data and places the defined floor level 1 to elevation (mean sea level/or coordinated projection) 0.

If the above case is what you're experiencing, you can use the "Adjust 3D Z" tool to add the elevation value to entire or selected input features.

AnninaHirschiWyss
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Jinho_Kang it would be cool if the "Import BIM to Indoor Dataset" allowed to choose to keep the absolute elevation... see also: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-indoors-ideas/support-for-absolute-elevation/idi-p/1104896 

Question: for the generated 3D Multipatch, or would that work to just add the absolute value (eg. "z.value+400") in the "absolute height" attribute-expression in the scene and it's ok to adjust the z-Value only for the "2D"- features and Network? Would the paths be shown at the correct height in the 3D scene if you do it that way?

0 Kudos
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnninaHirschiWyss, we are looking into adding this enhancement at a future release to support importing BIM data from both Revit and IFC using absolute elevation rather than relative. Would be happy to connect about specific use cases you need to support with this.