Custom labels for units in Indoor Viewer

11-28-2023 03:48 AM
AbhyanshuGupta
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have created an Indoor Viewer Application using a indoor web map, How can i show custom label names for my units on my application for suppose i have a unit by the name L1E205 and i want to show a custom name suppose Room 1, how can i achieve this. I am thinking of creating a table with all the units name and a column which will be used for labelling on the application.

Can someone help me out in how can i achieve this?

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KadeSmith
Occasional Contributor

Do the custom label names have a direct connection to the existing unit name? For example Room 1 coming from L1E205 doesn't feel like I could extract Room 1 from that. Maybe Level 1 or Room 205. If in this case, you're looking for Room 205, you can use an Arcade expression to extract just the 205 as the label for the layer and add Room in front of it. Otherwise, you'll have to add a new column to your Units table with the label you want for that room. You cannot do a relate with a separate table using branch versioning to label the way you are wanting.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @AbhyanshuGupta I'm hoping @KadeSmith's response was helpful. If yes, then Accept as Solution to help direct other community members.

Alternative to the above, you can maintain a separate column in the same layer instead of creating a new table and use the values in that column for labeling. You can populate the values in that column in various ways (Arcade, Python etc..)

0 Kudos