Select to view content in your preferred language

Automatically Populating Values using ArcGIS Indoors in ArcGIS Pro

05-13-2024 06:07 AM
GAVINMAURER
New Contributor II

So over this summer I will be adding a number of assets to an Indoors map and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way in which Level ID automatically populates when you place a point Indoors. For more clarification if I were to place an asset of floor 3 of a building is there a way that it knows I am placing it on floor 3 and auto populate Level ID so I don't have to type or copy and paste in the value.

I know that it does that if you create an asset using Field Maps on a mobile device but that method wouldn't work for me. 

It would be a very convenient time saver if it exists, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

I have zero experience with Indoors, but aren't there templates you can use where you could create a bunch of "Level 3" features that automatically have that field set to "3"??

AnninaHirschiWyss
Occasional Contributor II

As Brian suggested, you can use editing templates and proceed level by level. But you need to check that you have your z-value adjusted as well. You might snap to the prelim pathway-features if you have any or give the correct default z-value for each level while editing.

We are currently developing a Web App to edit POIs and Events. There you have some flexibility to automatically populate field values with Arcade.