Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Indoors Unable to generate floor transitions

12-09-2021 11:15 AM
abarcand
Emerging Contributor

Hello, I get this warning when I try to generate floor transitions. 

WARNING 180276: No transition unit feature found.

However, all my input layers are 3D, I have calculated the Z geometry as well. When I look at my Details, Units, Levels, Facilities and PrelimPathways in a Scene, they all draw properly, Stairways and Elevators are properly displayins as well. My Stairway Unit expression and Elevator Unit expression doesn't contain any errors. 

I'm running out of ideas to find what could be the problem.

thanks for your help.

Audrey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JasonHine123
Occasional Contributor

HI Audrey, 

Warning 180276 indicates that there was at least one level where the Generate Floor Transitions tool was unable to find any units using either the Stairway Unit Expression or the Elevator Unit Expression. To troubleshoot, after the tool runs, check the View Results > Messages and note the level(s) being processed when the warning was issued. You can then open the Units attribute table and review the USE_TYPE values on that level to see what might be going on. One possibility is that the USE_TYPE is slightly different for elevators or stairways on one level than it is for other levels; for example, you might find that stairway units on most floors have a USE_TYPE of "Stairway", but on one level the USE_TYPE is "Stairs". You can then update the USE_TYPE value and re-run the tool.

If the warning persists and the cause isn't apparent, we can troubleshoot further:

1. Please share the View Details > Message content showing the warning in the context of the rest of the tool run.
  2. Are PrelimTransition features being generated for any of the levels in the facility? If so, please share what level(s) and transition unit types (stairs or elevators) are missing.

Regards,

Jason

0 Kudos
abarcand
Emerging Contributor

Hello Jason,

here is the message. none of the transitions were created. I also re-checked all the elevators and stairways on all floors and I can't see what the problem is because everything seems coherent. 

Generate Floor Transitions
=====================
Parameters

Input Facility Features Facilities_3D
Transition Unit Features Units_3D
Pathway Features C:\Users\abarcand\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\Indoors ULaval\Indoors ULaval.gdb\PrelimPathways_3D
Target Transitions PrelimTransitions
Elevator Delay
Delete Existing Transitions DELETE_FEATURES
Stairway Unit Expression USE_TYPE = 'Stairway'
Elevator Unit Expression USE_TYPE = 'Elevator'
Updated Transitions PrelimTransitions
=====================
Start Time: 10 décembre 2021 13:41:14
Processing facility Pavillon Adrien-Pouliot

Creating elevator transition lines for facility Pavillon Adrien-Pouliot

Creating stairway transition lines for facility Pavillon Adrien-Pouliot

Succeeded at 10 décembre 2021 13:41:19 (Elapsed Time: 5.30 seconds)

0 Kudos
JasonHine123
Occasional Contributor

Hi Audrey, thanks for those details. It looks like the Generate Floor Transitions tool may only be processing a single level in the facility. The tool needs to process at least two levels to generate transition features. Please check that the Range Filter is not active when running the tool, and that there is no selection or definition query that might be limiting the levels or units being processed.

Jason

0 Kudos
abarcand
Emerging Contributor

Hi Jason, no range is activated, no definition query or selection neither. 

0 Kudos
JasonHine123
Occasional Contributor

Ok, good. Let's check a couple more things:

1. Please share a screenshot of the Units attribute table showing the USE_TYPE column and at least one row with a value of either 'Stairway' or 'Elevator'. (You can black out other data values if they contain sensitive information.)
  2. Please share a screenshot of the Levels attribute table showing all the LEVEL_ID and VERTICAL_ORDER values for the Pavillon Adrien-Pouliot facility. (Again, you can redact other data values if they contain sensitive information.)

Jason

0 Kudos
abarcand
Emerging Contributor

abarcand_0-1639420832991.pngabarcand_1-1639421008455.pngabarcand_2-1639421054292.png

0 Kudos
JasonHine123
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Audrey. I'm not seeing any issues in the attributes in the screenshots you shared. 

I see in the tool messaging that the inputs are Facilities_3D and Units_3D and PrelimPathways_3D. If these contain multipatch or 3D Object features, the Generate Floor Transitions tool could be having trouble with those features. The tool is designed to work with z-enabled 2D features. If you still have the 2D Indoors feature classes, please try running the tool on those and see if transition features are generated.  

AnneSantaMaria
Deactivated User

What was the resolution on this issue? 

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnneSantaMaria .. are you coming across the exact same issue as posted in the above comment? If not, then please post the message.

0 Kudos