Indoors 2.9 Categories for the Explore function in the Viewer

Jump to solution
05-12-2022 12:39 PM
TimothyLowrimore
New Contributor II

I am testing out the new 2.9 data model and have followed the complete instructions to setup Indoors Categories. After sharing the Web Map and configuring the Viewer app with the new web map I can see the categories fine in the Viewer app when logged in as the owner which is a built-in account, however when I log in as my other account for testing user experiences. I have the entire stack of items shared to a "shared update" group which the built-in account owns, and my testing account is a member of that group.

TimothyLowrimore_1-1652384248783.png

TimothyLowrimore_0-1652384174170.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyLowrimore
New Contributor II

@GauravJobanputra I have a finding related to this issue, I noticed on the hosted feature layer that one of the two layers sourced from the Points of Interest feature class was producing an error when accessing the data through the Web Feature Layer dialog. I then started troubleshooting and discovered that when I published without making the WFL editable the data displayed fine in the WFL. That lead me to discover that the points of interest feature class did not have the editor tracking properly enabled. I believe this somehow got unset exporting the data. Now that I've enabled editor tracking and re-shared to Indoors all is working fine in in the Explore categories configuration. What is odd is that we have two layers in the map sourced from the Points Of Interest feature class, one was fine, the other would begin throwing an error as soon as we enabled editing on the Web Feature Layer (WFL).

But we can consider this issue resolved for now. I'm not sure if there is still an issue with "shared update groups" or not as we altered our group to not be a shared update group.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimothyLowrimore
New Contributor II

It seems to be related to the sharing being a "Shared Update" group. For the Viewer map I'm creating it on Indoors via sharing from Pro, when sharing from Pro I'm specifying the folder to create in and the group to share to. The group happens to be a "shared update" group. When create this way the categories are not working, however if shared to a regular permission group it works, and it continues to work if sharing to the regular group is revoked. 

MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

This appears to be a bug

GISP
0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@TimothyLowrimore @MichaelJenkins lets arrange to inspect the category config and group settings.

TimothyLowrimore
New Contributor II

@GauravJobanputra I have a finding related to this issue, I noticed on the hosted feature layer that one of the two layers sourced from the Points of Interest feature class was producing an error when accessing the data through the Web Feature Layer dialog. I then started troubleshooting and discovered that when I published without making the WFL editable the data displayed fine in the WFL. That lead me to discover that the points of interest feature class did not have the editor tracking properly enabled. I believe this somehow got unset exporting the data. Now that I've enabled editor tracking and re-shared to Indoors all is working fine in in the Explore categories configuration. What is odd is that we have two layers in the map sourced from the Points Of Interest feature class, one was fine, the other would begin throwing an error as soon as we enabled editing on the Web Feature Layer (WFL).

But we can consider this issue resolved for now. I'm not sure if there is still an issue with "shared update groups" or not as we altered our group to not be a shared update group.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@TimothyLowrimore thanks for posting the update. We are investigating and will post a response.

0 Kudos