Select to view content in your preferred language

3D Multipatch Objects Not Appearing in AGOL Web Scene

04-25-2023 06:11 PM
NoamAharon
New Contributor II

I've successfully shared my floor aware 2D map to AGOL to create an online web map. The web map displays correctly when adding it to the indoor viewer. When I try to share my 3D scene, however, my multipatch Units and Details layers are not showing up. Before sharing my scene, in ArcGIS Pro, the content tab shows that the Units and Details layers will be shared both as feature layers and web scene 3D object layers (screenshot). When opening the web scene in AGOL, it indicates that the layers are present as 3D objects but do not display (see screenshot). I've seen some conflicting information about how to set up units and details for 3D scenes (I used this https://doc.arcgis.com/en/indoors/latest/viewer/prepare-a-scene-for-indoor-viewer.htm but I was confused with the renaming of multipatchs and the append tool). I appreciate any help! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @NoamAharon do you have the sample project included in the Indoors Product Data that is available for download with ArcGIS Indoors? We include a 3D scene in that project. If possible, complete the same steps that you performed with that data and share your observations. Also, please mention the ArcGIS Pro version you are using.

0 Kudos
NoamAharon
New Contributor II

Hi there, I'm using ArcPro 3.1.1. I have the sample data and have been playing around with it to help troubleshoot. I opened a new sample project and attempted to publish a web scene from the "Indoors Viewer - Scene" map. I noticed that the details, units, and facilities layers on the map were already multipatch objects so I figured the map is ready to be shared. I went to Share->Share as Web Scene, clicked analyze to check for errors (none) and shared it to my AGOL account (see screenshot). When opening the scene in AGOL, the 3D multipatch objects were once again missing from the scene. Only point 3D objects or regular feature layers display in the scene viewer (see screenshot). Essentially, I'm getting the same result even with the sample data, which is now making me think I've made the same mistake twice somewhere?

0 Kudos