Select to view content in your preferred language

Pixel values in a tiled imagery layer appear to be rounded when viewing in AGOL

Jump to solution
01-23-2023 11:27 AM
Labels (1)
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

Hi all-  

I've got a bunch of raster data in .tif files and have been creating tiled imagery layers so that the pixel values will be available. 

When looking at some of the layers in AGOL the pixel value that is displayed is rounded to a single integer, even though the value is floating point.  If I put the same tiled imagery layer into ArcGIS Pro and click on a pixel, the real value is displayed.  Some of my tiled imagery layers are fine.  

I don't have any custom popup code in AGOL.  I use the same process to create the tiled imagery layers and since they display the values correctly in Pro, I think the creation process is fine.  Got any ideas?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

OK, here's the fix.  I feel dumb, but am happy it was something easy.   Use the "Significant digits" setting in the Fields section (under Pop-ups on the right hand side in the map viewer) 

Screenshot 2023-01-26 141039.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DianeFoote
New Contributor III

OK, here's the fix.  I feel dumb, but am happy it was something easy.   Use the "Significant digits" setting in the Fields section (under Pop-ups on the right hand side in the map viewer) 

Screenshot 2023-01-26 141039.png

0 Kudos
ZaferDefne
New Contributor III

Looks like this functionality has been removed?? Or the values are read in as strings opposed to numbers?? Note the 'abc' instead of '123' on the right in the menu. I cannot see the option to select the significant digits option anymore...

ZaferDefne_0-1687449924481.png

EDIT: This seems to be an issue with the new Map Viewer, the imagery layer seems to be loaded as string values, not numerical. When loaded with the Classic Map Viewer the values show with significant digits in the popup. 

If layer is loaded with New Map Viewer:

ZaferDefne_0-1687527538141.png

If same layer is loaded with Classic Map Viewer:

ZaferDefne_1-1687527590977.png

0 Kudos