image service published to ArcGIS server not visible when zooming in

08-18-2010 01:53 PM
GabiVoicu
Deactivated User
I have created an .iscdef file that is running on the image server and is drawing just fine at all scales - but whenever publishing this .iscdef file to ArcGIS Server as an image service the service would not draw beyond certain scale when zoomed in...

Thank you
0 Kudos
11 Replies
PatrickTaurman
Deactivated User
Hi Joe,

If you have the data on a machine that is different than the machine you have ArcGIS Server on (and you don't want to create a domain account for the ArcGISSOC user) you will need to create an ArcGISSOC account on the machine containing the data.  The username and password must be exactly the same as the ArcGISSOC account on the machine with ArcGIS Server.  You will then need to explicitly give the ArcGISSOC account permissions to the folder with the data.  The Everyone user will not work, as the ArcGISSOC account needs explicit permissions.

Patrick
0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor
Patrick,

Thanks for the response, after I posted I guessed that might be the solution as it is a similiar approach for managing an AGS from another machine without a domain.  Just had to convince the IT guys here that it was necessary so they would setup the account 🙂

Thanks again
-Joe
Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos