Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Image Service cache resampling support

10-07-2022 09:03 AM
Labels (1)
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

Please add support for cache resampling to image services so that image service cached tiles are resampled in Map Viewer and Map Viewer Classic.

I have an image service with "Resampling" enabled on the caching settings page in ArcGIS Server Manager. When viewing the image service in ArcGIS Server Administration Directory I can see that there is a property for resampling and the value is set to true. However, when I view the image service in Map Viewer or Map Viewer Classic once I get below the last cached level the tiles disappear instead of resampling.

If I publish one raster as a map service and cache it the same way as the image service then I get the expected behavior in Map Viewer and Map Viewer Classic and the resampled tiles display.

After reviewing the ArcGIS REST API documentation it appears image services do not support the resampling property at the API level. I can confirm that the resampling property is not shown for my image service in the ArcGIS REST Services Directory, but as far as I can tell the rest of the cache properties are shown.

4 Comments
LDreyfuss

I have run into this behavior as well. My cache has tiles down to 1:282.124294, but I'd like them to resample and be visible down to very very large scales, so have enabled resampling down to 1:8163841875:

LDreyfuss_0-1682544475117.png

When I open the service in either Map Viewer, the service doesn't display past the tiled 1:282. 

To confuse matters, from the REST endpoint, the View In: ArcGIS JavaScript preview DOES display past the 1:282. Why not the either Map Viewer? Am I missing something?

I'm using Enterprise 10.9.1, Image Server 10.9.1

Zikang
by

Thanks for sharing the workflows. This is a missing feature in image server. We will fix the problems accordingly. 

ErwanCaradec

Hi,

do you know when the resampling feature will be add to image services ?

In 11.1 it is not ...

Zikang
by

We are wrapping up the fix for "resampling". Relevant documents on minlod/maxlod/minscale/maxscale - https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/map-service.htm

Whether the server indicates "resampling" or not, the client apps behavior will keep resampling to the range of min/max scale. If you zoom beyond minscale/maxscale, the display will be empty.

please reach out to me (zzhou@esri.com) if you still see any problems @Joshua-Young @ErwanCaradec @LDreyfuss 

Thanks,

Zikang