Select to view content in your preferred language

Train Deep Learning model with Tree Detection Pre-trained Model

11-29-2022 03:42 PM
SadraDehghan
New Contributor

I'm trying to detect trees for a project from aerial imagery and trying to create a tree detection model that does a close to accurate job (the pretrained tree detection model gets less than half the trees and captures many object that aren't trees). I have set up a small amount of training data (I don't really have time to do much more) and when I train a model with just my training data it does a good job at only identifying trees but misses a lot of them.

Is there a way I could use the pretrained model to finetune the model from the training data I have set up? I tried including the pretrained tree detection model as the advanced option in the "Train Deep Learning Model" tool but I get the following error message:

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 327, in execute
    training_model = getattr(arcgis.learn, model_type)
AttributeError: module 'arcgis.learn' has no attribute 'DeepForest'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 390, in <module>
    execute()
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 385, in execute
    del training_model_object
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'training_model_object' referenced before assignment

Thanks! 

4 Replies
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

Hello @SadraDehghan. I am assuming you're using the "Pre-trained Model" option available under the advance section. Are you using one of the pre-trained models available on the ArcGIS Living Atlas? Can you please share the name or link to the model? Can you please also share the metadata format used to create your additional training data?  

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
Student123
New Contributor II

I have the same problem and I dont know how to fix it. I use the Tree Detection Model of Esri (Deep Forest), my ArcGIS Pro Version is 3.2 and I can train my own model from scratch and I can also use this model, but I always get the error when I want to do Transfer Learning with the pretrained Model

0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

@Student123  Can you share the .emd file created by the Export Training Data tool?

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
VaibhavR
New Contributor

Hi all,

Tree detection model : https://arcg.is/0yLem5
Tree segmentation model : https://arcg.is/1OKPS10
Both are 3rd party models and fine-tuning or transfer learning is not support from them.