Select to view content in your preferred language

Detect Objects using Deep Learning Error When Using GPU Error 9999999 and Parallel Processing Job Timed Out

11-13-2023 04:12 AM
Labels (3)
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am using a pretrained model for building detection on ArcGIS 3.0.0 Pro, when I set the processor type as CPU it works perfectly, but I want to use the GPU which is throwing these errors:

MayarAlzerki_0-1699877445861.png

My GPU is Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super. I checked if torch.cuda.is_available() returns true or not and it returned True.

Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

@MayarAlzerki 

Can you share the name of the pre-trained model? Are you using a local raster (e.g tif , jpg) or using image service or webgis layer as an input raster? 

regards

Pavan 

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello Pavan,

Thank you for your response. The name of the pre-trained model is: Building Footprint Extraction - KSA.

Please find it through the following link: https://esrisaudi-ai.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=63785ee9860d4bd68cd82caccdcf1742

I'm using the world imagery service layer.

Thank you in advance,
Mayar

0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

@MayarAlzerkiI am sorry, I missed your last comment. When you use the World Imagery basemap layer, you need to define an extent (try a small one in the environment tab) and a cell size (something between 0.1 and 0.5). I agree, the error message was wrong. However, my understanding is that there are some licensing limitations on how you can use the World Imagery basemap as an input.

@VinayViswambharan can you comment on the usages of the world imagery for AI inferencing? 

thanks
Pavan

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello @PavanYadav,

It's fine no worries, actually, I'm not working on it anymore, but on my free time I would give it a try for sure!

Appreciate your response. Thank you!

0 Kudos
VinayViswambharan1
New Contributor II

Hi @MayarAlzerki - The world imagery cannot be used for inferencing or programmatic access. It is violating the terms of use of the basemap (which is designed currently to be used only as a basemap).

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos
MayarAlzerki
New Contributor II

Hello @VinayViswambharan1!

Apologiess, I think that I did not get your point. Do you mean that it's not allowed in GPU only? Because I can do detection using my CPU

0 Kudos